PROGRAM MANAGER I
WDQI Program Manager
|Department||LABOR Workforce Dev - Ofc of the Asst Secy|
|Date Opened||11/19/2021 10:06:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/3/2021 10:06:00 AM|
|Salary||$57,862.00 - $75,354.00 (With Potential Growth to $92,897.00/year)|
|HR Analyst||Brittany Small|
The Maryland Department of Labor, (Labor), is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the position of . This recruitment will be used to fill current and future vacancies. All candidates must meet the minimum qualifications during the time apply. The resulting eligible list will be maintained for one year after the closing date of the announcement.
This position is located in the Office of Workforce Information and Performance (OWIP) under a USDOL Workforce Data Quality Initiative (WDQI) grant. The Workforce Data Quality Initiative (WDQI) supports the development of, or enhancements to, longitudinal administrative databases that integrate workforce data and education data. WDQI also emphasizes promoting improvements and the level of quality of these systems, in addition to increasing the accessibility of performance data, including data reported by employment services and training providers.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Responsible for connecting MD Labor, MLDS, and other partners to improve data quality and the connection between workforce, unemployment, and education data in the MLDS
- Develop and manage budget for projects and be accountable for delivering against established business goals/objectives
- Work with other program managers to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects within the department
- Analyze, evaluate and overcome program risks, and produce program reports for management and stakeholders
- Implement, evaluate and oversee the WDQI projects within managerial established timeframes and guidelines
- Represents the department in a liaison capacity with managers and officials of other agencies concerning WDQI program activities
- Assist with speaking engagements and presentations, including, but not limited to coordinating meetings, audience research, preparing slide decks and talking points, and providing materials
- Ensure compliance with federal reporting requirements and provide information to applicable staff
- Manage partner relations and data sharing agreement with administrators of other units
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's Degree in Management Experience with public speaking.
- Interpersonal and communication skills experience.
- Experience in customer service.
- Experience in program management.
- Experience in personnel management.
- Ability to multi task and problem solve.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
All candidates are subject to a background check against files maintained by the division of Unemployment Insurance (LABOR/DUI) to determine whether any monies are owed to LABOR/DUI because of an unemployment insurance overpayment and/or fraud. Any unpaid debt may have an impact on whether or not a candidate is offered employment.
Applicants must provide sufficient information on the applications to show they meet the qualifications for this recruitment. RESumes are not acceptable and not considered in the selection process. All information concerning the qualifications, including any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate, etc.) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered. Applications that meet minimum and/or selective qualifications will be referred to the hiring unit for interview selection. Units will select those candidates most closely demonstrating the qualifications for interview.