PROGRAM MANAGER IV
Board of Appeals Special Examiner (Legal Examiner)-Repost
|Department||LABOR - Board of Appeals|
|Date Opened||5/6/2021 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/20/2021 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$39.20 per hour|
|HR Analyst||Felicia Ransome|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Summarize the contents of hearings as requested by the Board and advise the Board as to the adequacy of the evidence to support the Hearing Examiner's findings of fact and whether the conduct of the hearing comported with minimum requirements.
- Screen appeals filed to the Board to determine whether they raise new questions of law, or whether the Hearing Examiner's decision is affected by new law, possibly volatile of Board precedent or inconsistent with any other decisions being issued by the Hearing Examiners or the Board of Appeals. Advise the Board in writing of these findings.
- Evaluate all allegations of procedural errors raised by appellants of Hearing Examiner's decisions, applying a knowledge of the Board regulations, the Hearing Examiner's legal jurisdiction, constitutional due process of law as it applies to administrative proceedings, United States Department of Labor hearing standards, and internal agency procedures and agency forms, to arrive at a written recommendation and a proposed decision for the Board which adequately addresses and disposes of the issues.
- Special Examiner for the Board on occasion to hear difficult and complex cases including Labor Disputes and Employer Account cases, conduction hearing under oath and on the record in accordance with the Board regulations and drafting written decisions for the Board's signature.
- Resolve questions as to what documents are properly a part of the record in each case appealed to the Circuit Court.
- Assist with the updating of the precedent manual.
Education: Juris Doctorate from accredited law school
Applicants applying for this recruitment must possess the following:
- Admission to the Maryland Bar
- Certificate of Good Standing from the Maryland Court of Appeals.
A copy of law school transcript; certificate of good standing from the Maryland State Court of Appeals and any other documentation evidencing membership in other bars must be upload into the application or emailed to email@example.com by the closing date.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
U.S. Military Veterans may qualify for additional bonus points towards certification. Any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing a U.S. Military form DD 214 verifying honorable discharge from service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Permanent State employees do not need to submit proof of Veterans’ status.
If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
DLLR Office of Human Resources
Attn: 21-005479-0006 (Program Manager IV-Special Examiner BOA)
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 100
Baltimore, MD 21201
Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of DLLR that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|