PROGRAM MANAGER IV
Superintendent, Annapolis Region
|Department||DGS Facilities Operations and Maintenance|
|Date Opened||6/7/2021 07:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/22/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$70,280 - $112,848/year (based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Mojisola Ogungbe|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position is available with the Maryland Department of General Services’ Office of Facilities Management, located at 29 St. Johns Street, Annapolis, MD 21401.
Main Purpose of Job
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide leadership and direction for the Annapolis division of Facilities Management. This division encompasses 26 buildings on 49 acres, 25 acres of parking lots, and approximately 90 employees. Buildings in the region serve approximately 4,700 State employees, including the Governor and First Lady, and the General Assembly / State Legislature.
This position is classified as Management Service and therefore serves at the pleasure of the appointing authority (“at-will”).
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- HR Management – Responsible for developing an Annapolis Strategic Plan to include short and long term goals and the development of Standard Operating Procedures and staffing needs. Responsible for providing leadership for employees through mentorship, coaching, and example. Review all divisional performance reviews and submit in a timely manner. Work closely with Assistant Superintendent. Review and analyze data from work control system. Recommend training opportunities for staff members.
- Fiscal Management - Review and analyze monthly budget and spreadsheets to ensure proper fiscal management. Determine emergency funding needs and prepare justification and requests. Review and approve the purchase of all building equipment and supplies. Identify and prepare over the target budget requests for upcoming fiscal year. Review and approve contract specs. Ensure that projects are completed on time according to budget and specs.
- Asset Management – Prepare and update annual project justifications. Develop short- and long-term strategy for all equipment and infrastructure repair/replacement and renovation. Responsible for oversight of power plant operations. Maintain all buildings in the Complex according to established maintenance, safety, and security standards. Act as first line of response to inspect, report, and recommend appropriate course of action for all building emergency situations.
- CMMS Management – Responsible for accuracy of information being put into CMMS system for Annapolis. Must be responsive to requests from system administrator for input data and requests, as well as making sure all employees are trained and using the system in the field. Responsible for logging into system on a weekly/monthly basis to review reporting data for accuracy.
- Communication – meet with Agency building Coordinators twice a year to develop a working dialogue concerning issues such as building/project updates, recycling, parking, policies, life/safety issues, etc. Attend all construction and pre bid meetings. Work closely with the other DGS divisions, and outside agencies, etc., on special events, press conferences, etc. Review and approve all parking requests. Meet with staff at least once a month and attend all meetings as requested by the Assistant Secretary. Develop working relationship with tenants and executive staff members.
- Reporting – Ensure accurate and timely reports are generated and sent in according to specified deadlines. Review and approve all office correspondence prior to it being sent out. Update and maintain the COOPS manual. Develop, update as necessary, and maintain all Standard Operating Procedures. Respond to and return all calls in a timely manner.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Management, Property/Real Estate Management, Construction Management, or a related field.
Experience: Seven (7) years of full-time experience, or its equivalent, in a responsible administrative capacity in the operation of a large public building, hospital, educational complex, industrial plant or large commercial structure. Five (5) years of this experience must include responsibility for fiscal planning, contract negotiations, office management and supervision of skilled trades personnel.
Additional experience as noted above may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Strategic Planning skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Management and Organizational Development skills.
It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please include all experience and education that is related to this position. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date; information submitted after the closing date will not be considered. Credit is given for relevant part-time, temporary or volunteer experience based on the number of hours worked per week; you must include the time spent on such activities on your application.
Note that for any position requiring a college degree or college credit, you will be required to submit a college transcript prior to being offered a position. You may submit your transcript as part of the application process.
Please note, selected candidates may be required to complete and successfully pass a State and Federal fingerprint background check prior to being hired.
You must be legally authorized under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position for which you apply.
Contact email@example.com or call 410-767-1386 with questions about this recruitment. The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred. Apply online at www.dgs.maryland.gov – click on Employment on the left side of the screen. If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your paper application to: Human Resources, Dept. of General Services, 301 W. Preston St., Suite 1311, Baltimore, MD 21201 by the closing date and time. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.