Strategic Planning & Continuous Improvement Analyst
Program Manager IV
|Department||MD State Department of Education|
|Date Opened||12/3/2021 09:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/9/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$70,983.00 - $116,257.00/year|
LOCATION OF POSITION
200 West Baltimore Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
• Support the planning and initiation of projects at various levels of completion
• Develops holistic content knowledge and raises connections through regular collaboration; and facilitates cross-functional sharing within and outside performance routine meetings
• Analyze and use data to formulate recommendations, and build capacity among internal stakeholders to plan, track progress, and use metrics to drive decision-making
• Build, evaluate, and refine statistical models of the agency’s performance management system
• Create, refine, and conduct performance management calculations
• Develop and maintain dashboards, visualizations, and other reports to help a variety of non-technical audiences understand data insights for use in informed decision making.
• Build and maintain low-code web and mobile applications used to collect and report on real-time data.
• Create geographic visualizations of demographic data based on established methodologies and identify other uses for geographic representation of student data.
• Collaborate with other divisions and offices to identify areas for increased efficiency, effectiveness, and improved processes, especially with regards to data collection, storage, access, reporting, and analysis.
• Advise on qualitative and quantitative data collection strategies for a variety of formal and informal research questions for pressing real world decisions requiring quick solutions.
• Conduct ongoing data cleaning and analysis projects as needed to support critical district initiatives.
• Coordinate research and analysis activities utilizing various data sources and employ programming to clean and organize the data.
• Find new insights from datasets and communicate root-causes and solutions to decision makers.
• Coordinate with the Research, Accountability, and Performance Reporting divisions to communicate and advise on data storage and structure needs.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education: A Doctorate Degree in Statistics, Data Science, or closely related field.
Experience: Two years of project management experience coupled with experience in ongoing data aggregation, cleaning, and analyses. Refining predictive decision models, and performing data validation and score distribution analysis of models.
1. Candidates may substitute an additional three (3) years of experience above the required minimum experience to substitute the required Doctorate degree.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.