Business Services Partner
Procurement and Contract Management Division
|Department||MSDE - Office of the State Superintendent|
|Date Opened||2/16/2022 2:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$75,926 - $110,883 with progression to $122,140|
|HR Analyst||Christopher King|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Serves as the primary officer, point of contact, service provider, and strategic partner for assigned divisional leaders and offices to ensure annual procurement and contract management goals are met.
- Utilizes best in class strategies to work with assigned divisional leaders and offices to implement and ensure procurement and contracting service level agreements to support MSDE’s multiyear strategic plan and Blueprint for Maryland’s Future initiatives.
- Oversees the entire life cycle that makes up MSDE’s procurement and contract management processes and practices to ensure high-quality services across the department.
- Manages all procurement & contract management processes.
- Serves as the subject matter expert to drive continuous improvement in MSDE’s internal and external business services practices.
- Represents State Superintendent of Schools and MSDE leadership at statewide procurement advisory group meetings and trainings.
- Candidates may substitute one year of experience in ensuring appropriate and consistent enterprise-wide interpretation of and compliance with enterprise level procurement laws, regulations, policies and procedures for the required education.
- Candidates may substitute certification as a Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the required education.
- Candidates may substitute professional contract management experience or professional procurement experience, on a year-for-year basis, for the required education.
- Candidates may substitute a Doctorate of Jurisprudence (JD) degree or a Master’s degree in Business Administration for two years of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Contracting, Industrial Management or logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the procurement or financial management fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with State of Maryland Procurement laws, regulations, policies, application and software
- Experience using Financial Management Information System (FMIS) supervisory experience of Procurement staff
- Experience with eMaryland Marketplace Contract Management
- Certification as a Procurement Professional from the Maryland Department of General Services or willingness to complete the Procurement Professional Certification within one year of appointment.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|