PHS IT INTEGRATION PROGRAM MANAGER
PROGRAM MANAGER SENIOR II (FULL TIME CONTRACTUAL)
|Department||MDH Executive Direction|
|Date Opened||12/16/2021 12:11:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/31/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38.39 - $61.64/hour|
|HR Analyst||Janet Esser|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Business process reengineering and change management necessary to effectuate the integration of IT supports and services within a federated IT service model;
- Engagement with and management of business and technical stakeholder groups at all levels of leadership;
- Development and ongoing management of project governance functions;
- Procurement functions at all stages of the acquisitions cycle;
- Project planning activities such as scope, schedule, and cost management;
- Project monitoring and control activities such as quality management; and,
- Design, development, and integration of large, complicated IT application installations in a healthcare environment.
MDH maintains a large and complex project portfolio. Thus, program managers must possess the flexibility and range of expertise to shift project assignments and manage multiple projects simultaneously. The program manager may be directed from time to time and as needs arise to support any other program activities in addition to the above mentioned PHS IT transformation to support other projects as needs dictate.
- Ensure the development and coordination of stakeholders across functions.
- Develop scope statements and manage scope to align work efforts to organizational goals and objectives.
- Develop organizational and product transition and rollout schedules and manage work activities to ensure conformity to the schedule.
- Develop performance and quality measures for product management activities and provide tracking and periodic reporting on these measures.
- Lead teams of technical resources in the delivery of high-quality IT solutions that meet business needs.
- Produce stakeholder registers and responsibility assignment matrices as required to ensure a shared understanding.
- Motivates stakeholders and forges consensus around program goals and objectives.
- Develop and manage budgets and resourcing plans, and track performance against these budgets and resourcing plans.
- Engage in procurement and contract administration activities as required to ensure the Department obtains the resources required to fulfill program requirements and objectives.
- Develops and implements communication strategies to improve transparency and promote awareness of program areas and issues.
- Engages productively and effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Develops written and oral correspondence of outstanding quality.
- Integrates change management and change control practices into the program as required.
- Identifies, tracks, manages, and reduces the impact of risks and issues.
- Manages vendor relationships to ensure high levels of quality.
- Meets legal, regulatory, and policy mandates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- At least six (6) years of experience in supervision or oversight of IT related programs or projects.
- A proven track record of successfully implementing projects using Agile methodologies including at least five (5) years of experience as a project manager managing major ($1M or more) projects in a high-technology development environment with cross-functional teams.
- At least five (5) years of experience managing not less than three (3) projects in a healthcare environment.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree and/or project management certification is preferred.
- Experience participating in the development and testing of applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Force.com, and/or Google Cloud Platforms.
- Experience in running large, complicated IT application designs, developments, and implementations.
- Experience with agile tools such as Jira.
- Experience in work planning, monitoring, and reporting.
- Experience managing requirements processes including conducting interviews and documenting technical requirements.
- Experience managing design activities including design sessions and defining future state processes.
- Experience managing vendors and service providers.
- Experience working with and managing onsite and remote teams.
- Experience with industry-standard System Development Life Cycle methodologies.
- Experience with Oracle services strongly preferred.
- PMP certification is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrates capacity to engage effectively with stakeholders and all levels.
This is a Management Service position and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority. A resume must accompany your application.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.