Executive Assistant for the Assistant State Superintendent
|Department||MSDE - Division of Career and College Readiness|
|Date Opened||11/22/2021 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/6/2021 2:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$47,881.00 - $76,432.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Marcia Cooper-stokes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Coordinates schedules, sets agenda, and organizes meetings, conferences, and travel.
- Manages Division inventory.
- Manages calendar for Assistant Superintendent.
- Manages leave calendar for the Division.
- Maintains signature log for the Assistant Superintendent.
- Prepares workspaces for team members. This includes coordinating telephone set-up, cubicle or office cleaning, and supply ordering.
- Maintains Division bulletin boards.
- Answers and routes phone calls.
- Prepares out-of-state travel request forms, expense reports, and other routine forms.
- Prepares and processes purchase orders, contracts and other procurement requests according to state procurement policies.
- Records and shares meeting minutes.
- Manages printers for the Division.
- Manages Division style guide.
- Establishes and monitors process to ensure all communication is prepared according to the Division style guide.
- Leads the design, management, and improvement of Division databases and file management to ensure accuracy and ease of access for all Division staff. This includes contact, calendar, and filing systems
- Maintains electronic records.
- Provides leadership and direction for administrative support staff in the division to ensure alignment with policy and procedures.
- Interprets and applies Division administrative procedures.
- Performs basic bookkeeping.
- Convenes the Division administrative staff to communicate and monitor directives.
- Inputs and monitors data in the Financial Management Information System (FMIS) and Notice of Grant Award System.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bookkeeping experience
- Google Documents Experience
- Online Productivity Tools Experience
- Experience Maintaining Data Systems