SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE COMMISSIONERS (POLICY)
|Department||PSC General Administration and Hearings|
|Date Opened||8/27/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/1/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,279.00 - $87,106.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Audra Mack|
The Maryland Public Service Commission is seeking a Special Assistant to the Commissioners, focusing on policy matters. This position will directly support the Commissioners by conducting research and providing advice on various policy, legal, and technical issues, as well as performing other duties. Excellent written and verbal analytical and communications skills are required to perform the duties of this position.
This position is a “political special appointment” and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority (“Commission”).
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Working on emerging issues in the energy industry;
- Preparing reports and handling sensitive projects for the Commissioners;
- Liaising with Commission Advisors, Commission Management, Technical Staff, and State legislative personnel; and
- Performing certain administrative duties, such as meeting and hearing preparation for the Commissioners and legislative session matters.
Education: Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university, in law or public policy or a related discipline.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- A Juris Doctorate and/or Graduate Degree.
- Knowledge and a practical understanding of electricity, gas or telecommunications industries, corporate finance, accounting, or renewable energy.
- Several years of experience in law, public policy, or a related area.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.