BUDGET ANALYST I, II, III, IV, OPERATING
|Department||DBM Office of Budget Analysis|
|Date Opened||4/23/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/7/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||I$44,989 - $71,606/yr., II$50,971 - $81,596/yr, III$57,862 - $92,897/yr., IV$65,857 - $105,735|
|HR Analyst||Jacqueline Wallace|
Budget Analyst I, Operating: Grade 15
Budget Analyst II, Operating: Grade 17
Budget Analyst III, Operating: Grade 19Budget Analyst IV, Operating: Grade 21
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This position will serve as a Budget Analyst within the Maryland Department of Budget and Management.
This position has direct responsibility for analysis of operating budgets for assigned State agencies.
If hired you will:
* Conduct reviews of all budget expenditures of Executive Branch units of government;
* Make recommendations to the Secretary of the Department for greater efficiency and economy in those units;
* Analyze and prepare budgets of assigned agencies;
* Assist in the management of the State's operating budget process.
The selected candidates should have:
* An understanding of budget and policy analysis;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
* An ability to write reports and make presentations on budget recommendations to senior management and other officials;
* Strong analytical skills, including understanding of mathematical and statistical concepts;
* An ability to work independently, in teams and under pressure;
The selected candidate should be available to work extended hours as required to meet budget deadlines.
This is a special appointment position that will serve at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
(All levels) Possession of a master's degree in public policy, public administration, accounting, business administration, economics, finance, statistics, engineering, planning or political science.
Experience:None (Budget Analyst I), One year (Budget Analyst II), Two years (Budget Analyst III), Four years (Budget Analyst IV) of experience in budget formulation, accounting, personnel management analysis or administrative work. One year of this experience must include work in economic analysis or budget planning, formulation, review or management.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Experience working in the areas of State government, such as health care financing and administration, debt management, transportation, retirement systems and pensions, health benefits, primary and secondary education, higher education and community development.
* Experience in performance budgeting concepts.* Experience in word processing software, spreadsheets and pivot tables and database/statistical software.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.For education obtained outside of the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation will be required prior to hire. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
RESUME REQUIRED with online application and can be uploaded as an attachment under the Resume Tab of the online application. Please combine all documents together as ONE attachment (resume, degree, etc.).
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.