SOCIAL SERVICES ATTORNEY III
|Department||DHS - Baltimore City DSS|
|Date Opened||6/2/2021 11:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/16/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$70,280.00 - $102,616.00/year with a potential growth to $112,848.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Joyce Carter|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience or expressed interest in representing a government agency such as the Department of Human Services, State Department of Health, local department of Social Services, or employment as an assistant state's attorney.
- Experience or expressed interest in public service law or serving as an advocate in an unrelated field, such as community activist/services, teaching, etc.
- Current experience in juvenile law, child welfare or Human Services.
- Previous experience working in juvenile or child welfare law or representing a government agency.
- Experience as a judicial clerk, or in public service law or serving as an advocate in an unrelated field, such as community activist/service, teaching, etc.
- For applicants recently admitted to the Maryland Bar, an expression of interest in the field of human services through the completion of relevant courses and clinical programs.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
If you have any questions about this recruitment, please contact Baltimore City Department of Social Services at 443-378-4551.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. This office, with your approval, will verify your prior applicable work experience. In order to receive full consideration for time worked, please complete dates of employment in its entirety and identify number of hours worked for each entry.
College transcripts are not required for review of your application and do not need to be forwarded. Please clearly indicate your college degree and majors on your application. If selected for an interview, you may be required to bring and official transcript with you.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred; however, the paper application may be submitted to Baltimore City Department of Social Services, Attn: Joyce Carter, 1910 N. Broadway, MD 21213. The paper application must be received by 5 p.m. close of business on the closing date of the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. The previous Maryland State application (MS-100) will not be accepted.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|