MPT Gifts Associate
Contractual Full-Time ***REPOST***
|Department||MPT - Broadcasting|
|Date Opened||8/24/2021 12:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/1/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Benedicta Davies|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Public Television
11767 Owings Mills Blvd.
Owings Mills, MD. 21117
Main Purpose of Job
- Oversee the receipt, input, coding and processing of all special financial gifts, including matching gift requests and payments; contributions from IRA Rollovers; donor-advised funds; gifts of stock as well as contributions from workplace giving campaigns.
- Collaborate with the data entry clerk to ensure that donations and donor information are processed and entered into the member database promptly and accurately.
- Perform daily sustainer program account maintenance adjustments, including upgrades, downgrades, refunds, termination, "thank you" gift selection, payment information updates, and EFT conversion efforts of MPT's over 20,000 sustainer member file. Sustainers are monthly givers of MPT.
- Perform daily gift entry and processing. Enter all house mail and online credit card and check payments accurately and in a timely manner. Upload and troubleshoot the lockbox file and correct donor information in the online portal.
- Work closely with MPT's fundraising consultant Member Services Bureau (MSB) to ensure that all donations are processed and entered into the member database and pledge payment reminders and declined credit card letters are sent weekly.
- Work in partnership with the MPT finance team to reconcile donation data and ensure that all donations are entered prior to the end of month deadline.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports and daily contributions along with all back-up documentation to MPT's Finance Department.
- Provide customer service to donors with membership account inquiries and follow up on donor problems where appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, occasional participation in on-air pledge drives, station events, departmental projects, meetings and trainings.
: A minimum of two (2) years of experience in office support work, including at least one
Note: Experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education only.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s).
- Bachelor’s Degree (accounting, finance or related field of study)
- Experience in financial gift processing, accounting or finance
- Experience in data entry with a high level of accuracy
- Detail-oriented, highly organized with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, or a similar CRM database software
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Excel (advanced level)
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well with a variety of people
- A self-starter with a proven ability to meet project deadlines
- The candidate may occasionally be required to work on evenings or weekends to participate in on-air pledge drives and other station events.
- During the second interview process, each candidate will take a writing and computer skills assessment test.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents.
As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12-month period.
This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to submit your application online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via email to email@example.com by the closing date and time. The MD State Application Form can be found online.
Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Paper applications, required documents, and any addenda may be mailed or faxed (410-581-4382) by the closing date and time to:
Maryland Public Television - HR
11767 Owings Mills Blvd.
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications to be considered and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. Maryland Public Television (MPT) is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of MPT that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.