MPT Executive Producer
|Department||MPT - Content Enterprises|
|Date Opened||12/20/2021 3:10:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/20/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$65,260.00 - $103,855.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Benedicta Davies|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Produce programs, series, or program segments of varying length as assigned by management.
- Develop and oversee all aspects of various production budgets, including full multi-year project budgets as well as MPT fiscal year budgets.
- Advise and participate with the Managing Director in the negotiation and preparation of contracts, budgets, timetables and workflow documents as related to out-of-house producers.
- Work as an integral part of the production team, providing information, materials and counsel to other team members or projects.
- Execute all administrative documents as required, e.g. timesheets, expense accounts; attend and participate in departmental meetings.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in film, media, mass communications or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and field experience.
Experience: Seven (7) years of experience as a producer.
Note: Experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education only.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Exceptional relationship building skills along with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities.
- Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods, including alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral or visual media.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification will be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
This position may require flexible work schedule including nights, weekends and holidays. This position may require working outside in unfavorable weather conditions.
The online application process is preferred. If you are unable to submit your application online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via email to email@example.com by the closing date and time. The MD State Application Form can be found online.
Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
Paper applications, required documents, and any addendums may be mailed or faxed (410-581-4382) by the closing date and time to:
Maryland Public Television - HR
11767 Owings Mills Blvd.
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Maryland Public Television (MPT) is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of MPT that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.