TESTING & VACCINATION CLINICAL ADVISOR
CONTRACTUAL HOURLY - FULL TIME CONTRACTUAL
|Department||MDH Infectious Disease Environmental Hlth Adm|
|Date Opened||12/22/2021 3:02:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/19/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$60.00 - $110.00/hour|
|HR Analyst||Janet Esser|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Provides oversight of clinical operations
- Assure adherence to federal, state, and government COVID-19 vaccination and testing site laws and protocols to ensure MDH sites are in complete compliance
- Updates, amends, or replaces site protocols and standing documents that involve clinical decision-making to be consistent with CDC, MDH and up-to-date
- Ensures the clinical site leads meet role duties pertaining to training; including identifying completion of CDC modules and certifications, providing hands-on training, mentoring, observations series, access to supervision, and periodic technique review; and individual assessments/ coaching/ correcting
- Reviews site staff awareness and understanding of policies and procedures, documents gaps, develops mitigation strategy and takes ownership and initiative to ensure compliance is improved across the organization
- Serves as key trainer in requests for swabbing or vaccine training for state-supported sites (groups to individuals, indoors and outdoors); to include MDH policies and CDC protocols for COVID testing
- Demonstrates to clinical site lead how to address any testing or vaccine technique, quality issues, or safety related incidents noted during active observing
- Proactively reviews teams for opportunities to enhance skills and knowledge; once identified, plans, executes, and evaluates success of subsequent trainings
- Acts as key leader in state vaccination and testing site vision, development, launch, training, refinement, compliance checks, and maintenance
- Ensures ADA equipment, documents, and training are provided and reinforced onsite and that reporting is completed
- Ensure clinical site lead has full understanding and complete implementation of the Signed Standing Orders for COVID-19 vaccines
- Fills the role of Testing and Vaccination Clinical Site Lead when needed
- Licensed medical provider (MD, DO, PA, NP, RN, Pharmacist)
- Experience in leadership, clinical management, program development, infection control, and quality improvement
- Prior work in MDH Testing and Vaccination site leadership roles
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.