Director of Finance and Office Operations
|Department||Treasury Insurance Management|
|Date Opened||11/29/2021 4:45:00 PM|
|Salary||$93,443.00 - $124,658.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Cissy Blasi|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Key Functions include:
- Formulates, justifies and executes the Treasurer’s Office $45-50 million annual budget which includes funding for agency operations as well as funding for costs of issuance and general advisory fees related to annual bond sales, and insurance costs related to statewide commercial premiums and the State Insurance Trust Fund; coordinates submission of budget, analyzes and projects additional needs
- Manages agency year-end closing processes, submits closing schedules to Department of Budget & Management (DBM) and the General Accounting Division (GAD), prepares and submits year-end accrual and closing entries into State’s financial system
- Approves all transactions for transmit into FMIS, ensuring processing in accordance with GAD requirements and State standards
- Manages compilation of Auto, Tort, Officers & Employees, and Property insurance rates to be charged to each State agency required by DBM to be included in annual budget instructions.
- Administers collection and remittance of Injured Workers’ Fund compensation coverage for State Employees
- Negotiates agreements and submits annual reports to the Secretary of the US Dept of Treasury, develops and monitors the federal Treasury State Agreement (TSA) for State on behalf of the Treasurer’s Office for all State agencies that are party to the CMIA agreement, prepares and submits the Annual CMIA Interest Calculation and Direct Cost Report to the federal Treasury, calculates and monitors Statewide and agency clearance patterns, prepares responses and resolves CMIA audit findings for the Treasurer’s Office and assists State agencies in resolving their CMIA audit findings
- Processes debt service payments of approximately $1 billion related to General Obligation debt issuance and $70 million related to Capital Lease Financing payments timely in order to preserve State’s AAA credit rating
- Oversees financial services procurements which are delegated to the State Treasurer under COMAR Title 21 and Article VI, Section 3 of the State Constitution, used Statewide by agencies
- Directs organizational planning and structure of the Finance and Office Operations Division, including strategic planning, resource allocation, staffing, leadership and production methods; directly manages accounting staff
- Coordinates development, enhancements and implementation of new, revised and up-graded specialized automated accounting and budgeting systems, including Treasurer’s Office systems for Insurance and Treasury; assists in planning of Statewide financial management capabilities studies; participates in planning and evaluation of Statewide proposals for issues affecting financial management or resources; responds to fiscal notes and estimates for proposed laws and regulations
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year college or university in Accounting or related field.
Post Graduate work is desired.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will have:
At least four (4) years of employment experience maintaining financial records, control and procedures relating to budgetary expenditures; monthly account reconciliation; year-end closing; accounts receivable; accounts payable; and insurance accounting transactions
Additionally, the candidate will possess experience in governmental fund accounting and grant accounting, previous experience with the State of MD R*STARS accounting system, and proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
CPA certification is a plus.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
If you need to fill out a paper application, please forward to: Maryland State Treasurer’s Office 80 Calvert Street, Room 109 Annapolis, Maryland 21401 Attn: Human Resources or email@example.com or FAX: 410-260-4090
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|