Director of Treasury Management
|Date Opened||11/23/2021 5:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/6/2022 2:30:00 PM|
|Salary||$101,441.00 - $138,100.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Cissy Blasi|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The chosen candidate will need to identify and support business transformation and productivity initiatives that improve efficiency and execute operations while leading, inspiring and developing a high quality, talented team capable of supporting the needs of the agency. Candidates must have excellent organizational, communication and people skills. Additionally, must be effective at team-building, and must be able to demonstrate the ability to work as a hands-on manager. The incumbent must possess the highest level of integrity and professional judgment. Candidates should possess a strong financial background.
- Managing the daily operations of the Banking Services Unit; including reconciliation of the State’s main bank accounts, processing of bank adjustments and posting of transactions in excess of $175 billion to the State’s general ledger annually.
- Managing the State’s $15 billion investment portfolio in order to meet the State’s daily liquidity requirements.
- Acting as a liaison between the banks and State agencies. Authorizing and implementing new services offered by the banks to solve problems identified by the agencies in their effort to serve the public.
- Ensuring protection of State funds on deposit through the monitoring of accounts and collateral balances.
- Drafting legislation relative to investments affecting public entities throughout the State.
- Performing monthly interest allocation from the State’s investment portfolio to State agencies
- Overseeing the $9 billion Local Government Investment Pool.
- Monitoring securities lending activities.
- Identifying the needs of the division and manage the professional development of the staff in order to facilitate the goals of the department.
- Independently analyzing the current operations and structure of various programs and systems and improve efficiency in providing services to all State agencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four year college or university.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Post graduate education from an accredited college or university in public administration, public policy, business administration, finance, economics or related field
- 10 or more years of managerial experience, at least 5 of those years in a financial environment
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
This is an Executive Service position which serves at the pleasure of the Maryland State Treasurer and designated appointees.