EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN SUPERVISOR
Internal Recruitment Only
|Department||MD Institute for Emergency Medical Svcs Systems|
|Date Opened||7/6/2022 11:59:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/28/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,481.00 - $84,061.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Loni Young|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Provides subject matter expertise and supervision to junior technicians in support of the statewide wireless analog and digital microwave system
- Provide technical support for the Helicopter Medivac communication system (SYSCOM) radio network
- Provide technical support training to junior technicians for Regional Emergency Medical Resource Center's (EMRC) radio, hospital and telephone networks
- Perform project management and technical administration duties while providing guidance and direction to vendors and contractors
- Provide technical guidance on installation, maintenance, inspection and repair of paid and volunteer EMS vehicular communication systems
- Provide and supervise inspections of commercial ambulance radio systems to insure compliance to State of Maryland standards
- Train technicians on the use of assigned test equipment to aid in the troubleshooting process of communication equipment
- Facilitate electrical work as needed
- Maintain Communications related networks
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Five years of experience installing, maintaining, testing, repairing and calibrating biomedical telemetry, two-way radio, video or microwave systems.
1. Candidates may substitute successful completion of a program of study in electronics at a recognized training school, trade school, or college on a year-for-year basis for up to two years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute either a Federal Communications Commission General Radiotelephone license, or professional certification from the Association of Professional Communications Officers, Society of Broadcast Engineers, National Association of Radio and Telecommunications Engineers, National Association of Business and Radio Engineers, or equivalent association for the required education and up to four years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Emergency Communications Repair and Maintenance classifications or Emergency Communications Repair and Maintenance specialty codes in the Emergency Management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC) license or National Association of Business and Educational Radio (NABER) license
- 5 years of experience with Point-to-Point (P2P) terrestrial microwave radio communications
- Microwave Networks CM Series, Proteus M or Proteus MX experience
- Alcatel-Lucent MDR8000 experience
- 5 years experience with Land Mobile Radio communications
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.