|Department||DJS Facility Operations Administration/Support|
|Date Opened||11/18/2022 4:04:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/2/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,353.00 - $45,776.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jakiraman Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Foster Grandparent Program
Main Purpose of Job
- Transport Foster Grandparent Volunteers in a safe and timely manner on a daily basis.
- Maintain state vehicles according to departmental procedures. Maintain daily and weekly inspections.
- Provide written documentation of transportation log, schedules, and mileage records on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Documentation given monthly to immediate supervisor/ and or lead worker, with originals forwarded to DJS fleet management in accordance to departmental procedures.
- Document and report issues and concerns requiring immediate attention to supervisor. Report facts concerning accidents according to departmental procedures. Plan travel routes that are direct, within time limits, and cost effective.
- Perform CPR and First Aid to a Foster Grandparent in an emergency. Attend in-service training courses to maintain CPR and First Aid Certifications and to keep abreast of changes and improvements.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Experience transporting patients or clients within Baltimore City and surrounding areas
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Experience driving a large passenger vehicle
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1.Employees must possess or obtain a Class C non-commercial driver’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2.Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which involve the operation of large passenger vehicles. Employees assigned these duties will be required to possess a driver’s license of the appropriate class valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification will be required to successfully complete and maintain current certification of cardiopulmonary resuscitation, violence management and basic first aid training.
1.Employees may be subject to call-in 24 hours a day and, therefore, may be required to provide the employer with a telephone number where they can be reached.
2.Some positions in this classification may be assigned duties which require the employee to operate a vehicle with a manual transmission.
3.Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. Applicants who meet the Minimum Qualifications will be placed on the eligible list. Candidates shall be certified to the eligible list for a period of one year. This list will be used by the DJS hiring agency to select employees.