|Department||MDH Ofc of Chief Med Examiner|
|Date Opened||1/3/2022 07:20:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/30/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,820.00 - $51,385.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Janet Esser|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Experience: Three years of experience investigating the circumstances of death at death scene incidents.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of an Associate of Arts degree in Health Sciences, Police Science, or Forensics from an accredited college or university and one year of experience investigating the circumstances of death at death scene incidents for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute experience assisting in the autopsies of human corpses on a month-for-month basis for a maximum of six months of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute one year of experience as a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute college internships, conferences, and seminar education in forensics, death investigation, and trauma of forty (40) hours for an equivalency of three months, for a maximum of one year of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Criminal Investigation classifications or Criminal Investigation specialty codes in the Inspection, Investigation, Enforcement, and Compliance field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in 24 hours a day, and therefore, will be required to provide the employing agency with a phone number where they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
3. Employees in this classification must possess registration as a death scene investigator with the American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators within two (2) years of hiring date. Once certification is received, employees are required to maintain the certification.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|