PUBLIC HEALTH LABORATORY TECHNICIAN II **REPOST**
|Department||MDH Ofc of Chief Med Examiner|
|Date Opened||10/4/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/29/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,873.00 - $40,505.00 with potential growth to $49,570.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Latosha Keene|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: An Associate of Arts degree in Laboratory Science or Medical Laboratory Technology from an accredited college or university.
Experience: One year of experience performing public health, medical or environmental laboratory testing.
1. Candidates may substitute the completion of 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university including 24 credit hours in medical laboratory technology or 24 credit hours of science courses including 6 credit hours in chemistry, 6 credit hours in biology, and 12 credit hours in any combination of chemistry, biology or medical technology, and the completion of an approved clinical laboratory training program or at least three months of laboratory training performing high complexity testing for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree, a Master’s degree or a Doctorate degree in chemical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited college or university for the specific education or training.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Health Science Research Officer classifications or Medical Laboratory Specialists specialty codes in the Science related field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with and/or knowledge of Histology and Neuropathology;
- Experience with and knowledge of grossing and embedding specimens;
- Experience with medical terminology, basic inorganic and organic chemistry applications to public health laboratory;
- Experience using basic laboratory equipment and instruments;
- Experience performing analytical tests;
- Experience with laboratory duties;
- Knowledge of microtomy (cutting of tissue using a microtome);
- Knowledge of staining tissue.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.