MENTAL HEALTH GRADUATE PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR
|Department||DJS Garrett Youth Center|
|Date Opened||7/15/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/10/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$48,525.00 - $77,504.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Nicole Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Garrett Children’s Center
164 Freedom Lane
Lonaconing, MD 21539
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists under the requirements for Licensed Graduate Professional Counselor (LGPC).
Note: These requirements are established by the Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists. The Department of Budget and Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits does not have the authority to accept substitutions or equivalents.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience assessing and providing therapy to population of adolescents with mental health and/or substance abuse disorders in the Juvenile Justice system.
2. Experience working with an adolescent population with mental health and/or substance abuse issues.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATES:
1. In accordance with Health Occupations Title 17 and Code of Maryland Regulations 10.58.01.09, a candidate placed in this classification must be licensed as a Graduate Professional Counselor by the Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists.
2. Employees certified as a Licensed Graduate Professional Counselor (LGPC) may practice graduate professional counseling for 2 years under the supervision of an approved supervisor. As required by the Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists, these employees must possess certification as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) by the end of this 2 year period.
3. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training, and experience as it relates to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate educational and employment information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show how you meet the qualifications for this recruitment.
For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service.
This list will be used by DJS hiring agency to select employees.
Please complete the supplemental questionnaire, if applicable. They will be used when rating applications. Please note that your answers on the supplemental questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit. Missing supplemental questionnaires may affect application ratings.
If you are a Veteran applying for this position, please submit your DD 214 Long Form with your application to receive proper credit.
The online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E Redwood Street Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Nicole Jones
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at email@example.com. Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|