MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR
|Department||MSDE - Div of Rehab Svcs - Workforce & Tech Center|
|Date Opened||6/30/2022 3:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/14/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Elizabeth Cohen|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Assisting in developing and implementing assessment, counseling and program services.
- Serving as a resource and provide technical assistance and consultation to DORS counselors and staff on the awareness and understanding of behavioral health issues. Interpret clinical assessments, screenings, and reports; and offer recommendations for vocational rehabilitation planning.
- Coordinating and administering behavioral health assessments and screening referrals.
- Providing brief counseling and psychoeducation, such as early intervention or for prevention purposes via tele counseling and/or in-person.
- Assisting with and/or create community or treatment referrals as needed.
- Leading and/or attending team meetings to discuss issues related to behavioral health concerns. Participating in the Center Services Team review meetings for new vocational referrals.
- Serving as the liaison or representative between DORS and community programs, and other state agencies.
- Participating in staff development, special assignments and program activities required to maintain and improve professional skills for licensure and supervising interns.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. In accordance with Health Occupations Title 17 and Code of Maryland Regulations 10.58.01.05, candidates placed in this classification must be licensed by the Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC). Those candidates within 6 months of obtaining the license will be accepted in pending status.
2. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
Proof of eligibility to work in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, and travel throughout the State are required. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|