MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR ADVANCED (Repost)
|Department||DJS Alfred Noyes Youth Center|
|Date Opened||6/15/2022 4:14:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/16/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$71,306.00 - $89,738.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jakiraman Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Alfred D. Noyes Children's Center
Main Purpose of Job
- Address the behavioral health needs of youth admitted to the facility by completing screening & assessments, crisis counseling, on-call, and various other clinical duties;
- Communicate through written and oral methods the results of assessments and crisis services to agency and facility staff, Courts, clients, and significant others and maintain all related documentation in the youth's health file and as indicated in ASSIST;
- Work as a leader, consultant, and Behavioral Health team member in the development of assessment & treatment services and to assist the DJS community to improve BH services and systems.
- Serve as a member of the Mobile BH Support Team and respond to referrals to address the behavioral health needs of youth at DJS facilities with acute and/or persisting mental health and/or behavioral concerns.
- Provide behavioral health services and assessments to youth at the Alfred D Noyes Children’s Center and other DJS facilities and offices as needed.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists under the requirements for Certified Professional Counselors.
Experience: Two years of experience providing professional counseling to clients with mental health disorders by using assessment, evaluation, intervention, rehabilitation and treatment regimens.
1. These requirements are established by the Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists. The Department of Budget and Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits does not have the authority to accept substitutions or equivalents.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Mental or Behavioral Health Counseling classifications or Mental or Behavioral Health Nursing and Specialist specialty codes in the counseling field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Experience assessing and providing therapy to a population of adolescents with mental health and/or substance abuse disorders in the Juvenile Justice system.
- Experience working with an adolescent population with mental health and/or substance abuse issues.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. In accordance with Health Occupations Title 17 and Code of Maryland Regulations 10.58.01.05, candidates placed in this classification must be licensed by the Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor.
2. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training, and experience as it relates to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate educational and employment information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show how you meet the qualifications for this recruitment.
For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service.
This list will be used by DJS hiring agency to select employees.
Please complete the supplemental questionnaire, if applicable. They will be used when rating applications. Please note that your answers on the supplemental questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit. Missing supplemental questionnaires may affect application ratings.
If you are a Veteran applying for this position, please submit your DD 214 Long Form with your application to receive proper credit.
Online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application and copy of license to the address below or fax a paper application and copy of license to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin, and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application, copy of the license and any additional pages you wish to attach to show how you meet the qualifications for this recruitment must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Jakiraman Jones
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required or if you have any questions regarding this recruitment, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources Attn: Jakiraman Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.