MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR SUPERVISOR
|Department||MSDE - Div of Rehab Svcs - Workforce & Tech Center|
|Date Opened||1/19/2022 10:42:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/18/2022 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,822 - $71,306 with progression to $89,738.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jerrianne Mccain|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists under the requirements for Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC).
Experience: Three years of experience providing professional counseling to clients with mental health disorders by using assessment, evaluation, intervention, rehabilitation and treatment regimens.
Note: 1. These requirements are established by the Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists. The Department of Budget and Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits does not have the authority to accept substitutions or equivalents.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Mental or Behavioral Health Counseling classifications or Mental or Behavioral Health Nursing and Specialist specialty codes in the counseling field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Training/licensure/credentialing in providing Addictions Counseling services
- Professional experience providing leadership and program development
- Professional experience planning and providing training activities and presentations
- Experience with supervision of staff
- Bilingual skills including American Sign Language (ASL)
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. In accordance with Health Occupations Title 17 and Code of Maryland Regulations 10.58.01.05, candidates placed in this classification must be licensed by the Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC)
2. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.