SANITARIAN VI, REGISTERED
|Department||MDE - Water and Science Administration (WSA)|
|Date Opened||1/18/2023 12:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/1/2023 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$61,225.00 - $98,523.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Olivia Finley|
The Maryland Department of the Environment is charged
with protecting and preserving the State's air, water and
land resources and safeguarding the environmental health of all
Maryland’s citizens. The Agency’s mission is to protect and restore
the environment for the health and well-being of all Marylanders with a vision
of healthy, vibrant, and sustainable communities and ecosystems in Maryland.
The Water and Science Administration, Wastewater Pollution Prevention and Reclamation Program/On-Site Systems Division is recruiting for a Sanitarian VI. This is a position specific recruitment for the Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE). This recruitment will be used to fill current and future vacancies for this position/function only. The resulting eligible list will be maintained for one year. Persons interested in future vacancies within this classification must re-apply.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of the Environment
Water and Science Administration
Wastewater Pollution Prevention and Reclamation Program /On-Site Systems Division
1800 Washington Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21230
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Environmental Health Specialists under the licensing requirements for Environmental Health Specialists. A current Registered Environmental Health Specialist license must be attached to this application to be eligible.
Experience: Six years of environmental health work experience in the promotion, control, and maintenance of environmental health, two years must have involved direction of an environmental control project and/or supervision of positions performing environmental health work.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree in public health or environmental health sciences from an accredited college or university for one year of the required general experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Environmental Engineering classifications or Environmental Engineering specialty codes in the Engineering and Science field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is preferred that the selected candidate has the following:
- Experience with soil descriptions including but not limited to textures, structures and redoximorphic features;
- Knowledge or experience in design or construction of wastewater disposal system for commercial, residential and or systems greater than 5,000 gallons per day;
- Knowledge or experience with water well drilling practices, inspections and or water potability standards;
- Experience with preparing and/or working with hydrogeologic reports, mounding analysis and or nitrogen balance calculations.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as an Environmental Health Specialist from the Maryland State Board of Environmental Health Specialists. A photocopy of current registration must be attached to the application form.
2. Licensure requirements are pursuant to Health Occupations Article, Title 11, Annotated Code of Maryland and COMAR 10.60.01 through 10.60.07. The Secretary of the Department of Budget and Management cannot accept any substitutions.
3. Further information on eligibility requirements, to include application for license, may be obtained from the Administrative Officer, Maryland State Board of Environmental Health Specialists, 4201 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21215.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of this position. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications will be placed on the Eligible List categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. Please note that you will be required by the appointing agency to provide proof upon hire of all certifications, licenses, educational and work experiences.
For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application. Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
All Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the immigration and Reform Control Act. You must be legally authorized and possess any necessary documents under this Act in order to be hired in the position for which you applied.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to:
MDE, Recruitment and Selection Division
1800 Washington Blvd.
Baltimore MD 21230
Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please email the requested information to Olivia Finley email@example.com. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time. Please reference #22-000321-0003. For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Olivia Finley/MDE Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-537-3105.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov. Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-537-3130 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.