|Department||MSDE - Office of the State Superintendent|
|Date Opened||6/17/2022 09:00:00 AM|
|HR Analyst||Christopher King|
STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS (see contractual positions)
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Develops web pages and templates for use in Sharepoint and Wordpress
- Creates custom and templated responsive web pages that render correctly on all devices
- Builds custom HTML email templates
- Codes smooth on states, rollovers, dropdowns, and custom layouts that showcase an understanding of current best web practices
- Ensures an overall web experience that is highly responsive to stakeholders and serves as a learning and resource hub for the larger education community.
- Ensures MSDE has user-centered, up-to-date, and easily accessible website and tools/applications
- Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and completion of an approved certification program for Web Professionals sufficient to provide the necessary skills to build and manage an organization’s web site and to coordinate with inside and outside resources to accomplish that organization’s web goals for the additional eighteen months of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute additional experience in web page design, development and programming on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of an Associate of Arts from an accredited college or university in Web Development, Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems or other information technology related field to include course work in web page design, development and programming and two years of experience in web page design, development and programming for the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Cyber and Information Systems classifications or Cyber and Information Systems specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be proficient in working with multiple CMS platforms including Sharepoint (2013-19) and Wordpress.
- Proficiency in Adobe Dreamweaver and similar software to build and develop sites, sub sites, and templates.
- Experience and knowledge with SEO, responsive web design, web migration, Bootstrap
- Proficiency in delivering optimal User Interface, user experience and user engagement
- Experience conducting usability testing to determine optimal interaction with front end
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
To apply for this position online go to MSDE Jobs on JobAps (or complete an MSDE Application on marylandpublicschools.org). On-line applications (and resumes) are the preferred method for receiving your application/attachments. Using this method will allow applicants to access their documents for future recruitments for which they apply and verify that the appropriate documents (resume-credentials) have been attached to the recruitment that requires them. Applicants must include their resume and provide sufficient information on the application to document that they satisfy the minimum qualifications for this recruitment. Please do not put "See Resume" in the job duties section of your application; your application will not be considered.
If you utilize fax or regular mail as the option to submit required attachments, you will need to resubmit these documents each time you apply for a new position that requires the attachments. Additionally, you must include the following information on each page of the attachment you submit in order to ensure that we append the attachments to the correct recruitment: First and Last Name, Recruitment Number, and the last 4 digits of your SS# and indicate application for - Web Developer - Communications and Community Engagement Contractual Position #428853 (JobAps #22-000389-0003) Mailing Address: Maryland State Department of Education, Office of Human Resources, 200 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201. Fax: 410-333-8950 - This fax number is for Department of Education recruitment actions only.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. For inquiries or an MSDE Application, contact 410-767-0019 or TTY/TDD 410-333-3045 or visit our website at http://www.marylandpublicschools.org/.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|