COORDINATOR SPECIAL PROGRAMS HEALTH SERVICES III, HEALTH SERVICES
Program Coordinator (FULL-TIME CONTRACTUAL)
|Department||MDH Local Health - Howard County|
|Date Opened||8/5/2022 10:05:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/19/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$21.87 - $27.19/hour|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Bui|
LOCATION OF POSITION
8930 Stanford Blvd.
Columbia, MD 21045
Main Purpose of Job
- Facilitation of 6 LOFRT meetings within a fiscal year period, including the outreach and engagement of stakeholders to consistently attend and participate in the case review process.
- Implement the recommendation plan process following case reviews and convene a sub-committee to further refine execute and assess tools suggested.
- Submit quarterly reports to the Behavioral Health Administration (BHA) that will identify the number and type of recommendations suggested, sub-committee(s) formed, implementation of recommendations, as well as the ongoing assessment and monitoring of the implemented recommendations- as well as ongoing review of data to map risk and areas needing additional support.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in nursing, social work, psychology, education, counseling or a related field.
Experience: Three years of professional experience in health services, two years must have been in the Health Services option.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a health or human service field for one year of the required general experience.
2. Experience in the Health Services option must be as follows: professional clinical or administrative work in health or medical services in areas other than Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities or Addictions.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in another field plus one additional year of professional experience in health services for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Health Care Administration classifications or Civil Affairs Specialist specialty codes in the health related field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.