AGRICULTRUAL RESOURCE CONSERVATION SPECIALIST I
|Department||MDA Resource Cnsrv - Resource Conservation Ops|
|Date Opened||7/27/2022 09:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/16/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$40,320.00 - $63,797.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Gwendolyn Schindler|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Experience: Two years of soil and water conservation work.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of an Associate of Arts degree from an accredited college or university in natural resources, agriculture, or a related field and one year of experience in soil and water conservation work for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in natural resources, agriculture or a related field for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in urban or regional planning, engineering, physical geography, or the physical, chemical, and biological sciences, including 3 credit hours in soils, and one year of experience in soil and water conservation work for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in urban or regional planning, engineering, physical geography, or the physical, chemical, and biological sciences, including 3 credit hours in soils work for the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute planning, engineering or program administration experience in a soil conservation, water quality protection or related agricultural or natural resource program on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
6. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in natural resources management and biological science classification or natural resources management and biological science specialty codes in the soil conservation field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in certain positions in this classification may be required to become Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) Certified Conservation Planners (USDA/NRCS-General Manual, Title 180, Part 409).
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
For questions concerning this recruitment, please contact: Gwen Schindler at 410-841-5859 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to: Maryland Department of Agriculture Human Resource Office, Room 304, 50 Harry S. Truman Parkway Annapolis, MD 21401. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
If you are submitting additional information, such as diplomas or transcripts, the preferred method is to upload them online with your application. If you are unable to upload, you may mail, hand-deliver or fax (HR Fax # 443-602-9831). All paper applications must be received by the closing date, no exceptions. (Postmarks not accepted.)
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|