FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR II
|Department||DJS Western Md Children's Ctr|
|Date Opened||5/19/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/2/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,127.00 - $47,182.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jakiraman Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Juvenile Services
Main Purpose of Job
- Supervises the preparation and cooking of all items on the menu. Coordinate food preparation with the established time schedule and meal service. Oversee the service and delivery of meals to units as needed. Ensure meals served comply with the Child Nutrition Program’s requirements.
- Ensures sanitation procedures are in compliance conducts or monitors for quality in all aspects of meal service, including temperature of refrigerated storage areas and dish washing machine.
- Ensures the sanitation inspections are completed monthly. Monitors daily cleaning and ensures the task completed.
- Assign, review and approve the work of Cook II’s. Cooks on a rotating basis with other Cook IIs.
- Trains new cooks on equipment and meal production.
- Attends facility meetings as requested by Food Service Administrator/Food Service Manager. Communicates verbally, over the phone, and via email efficiently and effectively with other departments within facility.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years of experience in food production or service for a large scale food service operation, of which one year must include supervising workers engaged in quantity food production or service.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in food production or service for a large scale food service operation on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional education in the area of food service management, nutritional care, institutional administration or related area on a year-for-year basis for up to two years of the non-supervisory required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Food Preparation and Serving classifications or Food Preparation and Serving specialty codes in the Food Service field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- At least one year of experience in food production or service in an institutional setting such as hospitals, Child nutrition programs including school lunch or day care centers, nursing homes, universities, or correctional facilities.
- Possession of a Degree in nutrition, dietetics, food and hospitality management, food service management, culinary arts, institutional administration, or a closely related major.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
This recruitment is limited to current Maryland Department of Juvenile Services employees only.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please re/port all related experience and education. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. Please note that your answers on the Supplemental Questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit.
The online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or regular mail you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attention: Jakiraman Jones
Fax number 410-333-4188T
TY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.