|Department||MSDE - Div of Rehab Svcs - Disability Determine|
|Date Opened||3/17/2023 09:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/17/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$77,204.00 - $119,591.00/year (Salary will be prorated 50% for a part-time position.)|
|HR Analyst||Elizabeth Cohen|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland. As part of the Maryland State Department of Education, the Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS) provides services to assist students with disabilities prepare for the work world, vocational rehabilitation services to assist adults with significant disabilities who are seeking to enter or reenter the workforce, and the adjudication of Social Security disability claims for the citizens of Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Interpreting medical evidence to establish the existence, severity, onset, and duration of mental impairments
- Analyzing the sufficiency of psychological evidence to evaluate disabilities, and describing functional limitations imposed
- Prescribing further development of psychological evidence from treating sources or consultant examiners
- Preparing written statements of findings, assessments of severity, and descriptions of residual functional capacities
- Assessing integrity of opinions based on psychiatric and psychological evidence in file
- Providing consultation and training to disability examiners
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Examiners of Psychologists under the licensing requirements for Psychologists.
Experience: Two years of experience rendering psychological services or engaged in psychological research after receipt of the Psychologist license.
Note: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Clinical Psychology classifications or Psychology specialty codes in the Psychology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for this classification must be licensed as a Psychologist by the Maryland Board of Examiners of Psychologists prior to permanent appointment to a position. Applicants who do not have a Maryland license may apply before receipt of the required license but the application will be designated in pending status by the Maryland Department of Health (MDH) Testing Unit. When the license has been obtained, submit a copy of the license to MDH to remove the pending status from the application.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties that require operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
It is preferred that applicants complete the MD State Government online application for employment. The application must clearly demonstrate that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position. If you are unable to apply online, paper applications can be obtained from the link below and be faxed to 410-554-9397 or mailed to DORS Human Resources Department at 2301 Argonne Drive, Baltimore, MD 21218. The supplemental questionnaire must be completed and sent in with your paper application, if you are unable to apply online.
All application materials must be received in our office by the closing date. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered including all related job duties, even if those are also listed on an attached resume. Additional required materials may be uploaded with the online application, submitted to the fax number, or mailed to the address listed.
Inquiries can be made to 410-554-9391, TDD (410) 554-9399. Appropriate accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
Proof of eligibility to work in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, and travel throughout the State are required. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|