HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR III
|Department||DPSCS Police and Correctional Training Commissions|
|Date Opened||12/8/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/30/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Emily Eubanks|
If you are looking for an exciting career with great benefits, pension, generous leave, competitive salary, and the opportunity for advancement and professional growth, apply to join the DPSCS team today!
The Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services (DPSCS) is seeking dedicated candidates to fill important roles within our department. We are one of the largest departments in Maryland with nearly 10,000 employees and a budget of more than $1 billion. In order to fulfill our mission of promoting safety, we have increased security at our institutions while leading the way in innovative restorative justice projects that will help offenders reintegrate into society upon release.
As a member of the DPSCS team, you can have a fulfilling career, while also enjoying a wide range of benefits such as medical and dental coverage, paid time off (i.e. vacation, sick leave), becoming vested in the State pension, supplemental retirement options, and even joining the Maryland State Employees Credit Union.
This is a CONTRACTUAL position with the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Responsible for cleaning dormitory rooms throughout the Center.
- Clean public restrooms within the complex.
- Empty trash as necessary within the complex.
- Perform general housekeeping duties as assigned at Firearms Training, Driver Training and/or Physical Training Facility.
- Collect recycled paper as necessary within the complex.
- Clean classrooms and common areas within the Center.
- Provide on site laundry services for special use items such as tablecloths and table skirting.
- Maintain inventory of housekeeping supplies.
- Prepare inventory list of laundry to be sent out for cleaning.
- Maintain a stocked housekeeping supply room.
- Update Facility Management personnel of status of guest rooms.
- Perform visual inspection and request work orders as needed for maintenance services within the complex.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
Experience: Two years of experience supervising housekeeping and custodial activities at a State institution or public building.
Experience: Six years full-time experience in a housekeeping operation at a school, hospital, hotel or other institution, three years of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
1. Employees in this classification may be required to be present for duty on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. Employees required to work on those days will receive compensatory time off on other days.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 410-484-5928. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload, please email the requested information to email@example.com referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment Division at 410-585-3999.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov <Application.Help@maryland.gov> or
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.