CHILD CARE LICENSING SPECIALIST LEAD MSDE
|Department||MSDE - Division of Early Childhood Development|
|Date Opened||9/26/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/17/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$51,649.00 - $82,727.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Heather Braddy|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Trains lower-level Child Care Licensing Specialists MSDE and provides advice and guidance in the resolution of complex or sensitive issues surrounding the inspection, registration and licensure of child care facilities;
- Processes applications for child care centers, family child care home, and nonpublic nursery schools to include reviews of criminal and CPS backgrounds and educational qualifications of prospective and current caregivers; inspections of the child care facilities; and recommending approval or denial of same.
- Manage caseload, recommend enforcement actions and conduct enforcement activity as needed.
- Assigns, reviews and approves the work of Child Care Licensing Specialists MSDE as instructed by Supervisor
Education: A Bachelor's degree in child development, education, social work or psychology from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Three years of experience inspecting, licensing and monitoring child care centers, family day care homes and non-public nursery schools.
1. An Associate of Arts degree in early childhood development, teacher education, sociology or psychology and two years work experience inspecting, licensing and monitoring child care centers, family day care homes and non-public nursery schools may be substituted for the required education.
2. Applicants may substitute graduate education in a Child Development curriculum at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours per year for up to two years of the required experience.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
It is preferred that applicants complete the MD State Government online application for employment. The application must clearly demonstrate that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position. If the
applicant is unable to apply online, paper applications can be obtained from the link below and be faxed to 410-333-8950 or mailed to MSDE Office of Human Resources, 200 W. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201. If there is a supplemental questionnaire, this must be completed and sent in with your paper application, if you are unable to apply online.
All application materials must be received in our office by the closing date. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered including all related job duties, even if those are also listed on an attached resume. Additional required materials may be uploaded with the online application, submitted to the fax number, or mailed to the address listed.
Inquiries can be made to 410-767-0013 or email email@example.com , TDD 410-333-3045. Appropriate accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
Proof of eligibility to work is required in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.