ASSESSMENTS OFFICE MANAGER ASSISTANT B
|Department||DAT Real Property Valuation|
|Date Opened||1/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/21/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$37,785.00 - $60,724.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Arhin|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
· Interacts with the general public, both in person and by phone to respond to technical issues related to the assessment process, property values and/or general office procedures.
· Delegates duties to subordinate employees and monitors workflow to insure the timely and accurate completion of office assignments.
· Trains and instructs subordinate staff on the job duties and office procedures to follow, to insure compliance with departmental procedures and state regulations.
· Evaluates subordinate employees to assess work quality by regularly monitoring work performance.
· Assists the Supervisor of Assessments in the development and implementation of clerical office policy and procedures to improve clerical office operations.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years of clerical or technical experience in processing property assessment records and forms.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience performing general clerical duties on a year-for-year basis for up to two years of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in financial administration and program classification or financial administration and program specialty codes in the accounting and budget field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Desired or Preferred
· Knowledge of policies and practices used in a local assessments office.
· Clerical or technical experience in processing property assessments records and forms.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Assessments and Taxation, Office of Human Resources Division, 300 W. Preston St., Room 511, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Assessments and Taxation, Office of Human Resources Division at 410-767-1140, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.