|Department||DNR - Finance and Administrative Service|
|Date Opened||10/18/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/10/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$33,626.00 - $52,762.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Emilee Knott|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- The incumbent will be responsible for the receiving, tracking and delivering of incoming mail and other parcels including UPS, FedEx and office supply materials.
- Process outgoing USPS mail and other material such as UPS packages.
- Responsible for the delivery and pickup of mail and parcels from other State agencies as well as the post office within the Annapolis area.
- Responsible for lifting packages that may exceed 50 pounds.
- Assist with the day-to-day operation of the Pool Vehicle Reservation System.
- Perform routine inspections and minor maintenance of fleet vehicles.
- The selected candidate must be 18 years of age or older and possess a valid driver’s license with five or fewer points incurred.
- Assistance with check logs.
- Intermittently assist with data entry into the state accounting system.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience in general services functions, office administration activities or in the receiving, storing, issuance, purchase or requisition of equipment, materials, and parts and supplies.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience as stated above on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the logistics field of work, on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with data entry or desktop computers
- Two months’ or more mail room experience
- Two months’ or more fleet customer service
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.