HEALTH PHYSICIST SUPERVISOR
|Department||MDE - Air and Radiation Administration (ARA)|
|Date Opened||4/20/2022 12:40:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/9/2022 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$93,826.00 - $95, 703.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Peggie Jefferson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Experience: Nine years of experience in performing the recognition, evaluation and control of radiological hazards to employees and the general public.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 30 credit hours in mathematical, physical or biological sciences and five years of experience in performing the recognition, evaluation and control of radiological hazards to employees and the general public for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree in radiation safety, radiological health, health physics or a related radiation control field from an accredited college or university for five years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master's degree in radiation safety, radiological health, health physics, or a related radiation control field from an accredited college or university for six years of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master's degree in mathematical, biological, or physical science from an accredited college or university for five years of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Doctorate in health physics, nuclear physics, radiation management or other related field of radiological health from an accredited college or university for seven years of the required experience.
6. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Health and Medical Physicist classifications or Health and Medical Physicist specialty codes in the Physicist field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is preferred that the selected candidate has the following:
- Experience supervising employees in a technical or regulatory setting;
- Be a certified Health Physicist;
- Have a Federal or State Nuclear Material License as an authorized Medical Physicist or Radiation Safety Officer.
It is also preferred that the selected candidate has the following:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a Physical Science or Nuclear Engineering (i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology, etc.).
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of this position. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications will be placed on the Eligible List categorized as BEST QUALIFIED. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. Please note that you will be required by the appointing agency to provide proof upon hire of all certifications, licenses, educational and work experiences.
For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Completed applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
All Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act. You must be legally authorized and possess any necessary documents under this Act in order to be hired in the position for which you applied.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDE, Recruitment and Selection Division, 1800 Washington Blvd., Baltimore, MD 21230. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please email the requested information to Peggie Jefferson, email@example.com. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time. Please reference Number: 22-001005-0001.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Peggie Jefferson/MDE Recruitment and Examination at 410-537-3879.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon by calling 410-537-3100 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.