|Department||DNR - Forest Service|
|Filing Deadline||6/9/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$40,166.00 - $64,782.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Caroline Asher|
LOCATION OF POSITION
§ Gathers and analyzes forest resource inventory data by using scientific data collection techniques, resource maps, aerial photos, and various reference publications to develop technical Forest Stewardship Plans.
§ Reviews Roadside Tree Project Applications.
§ Implements and coordinates forestation plantings for conservation purposes by locating planting areas, preparing planting plans and/or restoration plans, determining planting costs, utilizing financial incentive programs, securing tree stock, retaining contractors, recruiting volunteers, supervising planting efforts, performing seedling survival counts, and assessing the property for possible release work.
§ Contributes to forest protection through preparation, prevention, suppression and training to reduce losses of the forest resource, including responding to wildland fires and performing Forest Harvest BMP inspections.
§ Coordinates planting, protection, and retention and enhancement of trees and urban forest resources by working with communities, local governments, schools and citizen groups, and private landowners.
§ Conveys, develops and/or presents information to the public by talks, seminars, workshops, meetings, mailings, and news releases to promote forest stewardship and to inform the audiences about trees and forests.
§ Assists with the maintenance and upkeep of the assigned office and grounds.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in forestry management and conservation techniques
- Experience or education in the sciences of botany, silvics, forest measurement, dendrology, forest entomology and pathology, arboriculture, ecology, soils, timber estimating and forest finance
- Experience or training reviewing Forestry Best Management Practices (BMPs).
- Experience practicing silviculture and methods of forest protection Possession of a Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Experience, training, or certifications in wildland fire.
- Experience using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to conduct analysis and develop maps for forestry applications.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification will be subject to assignment in any county of the State. Upon permanent appointment, the employee will be required to reside in the county or region to which they are assigned.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, are required to submit a telephone number where they can be reached in case of forest fire emergencies.