HCD Financial Analyst II (072098)
Financial Reporting Analyst
|Department||DHCD - Division of Finance and Administration|
|Date Opened||11/15/2022 3:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/30/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$65,306.00 - $81,920 (Grade 19, Step 1- Step 9) with promotional growth to $105,072.00/year)|
|HR Analyst||Drew Holcombe|
This is a permanent Skilled Service position with full State of Maryland benefits.
Work that matters. The Maryland Department of Housing & Community Development (DHCD) is a national leader in affordable housing and community development. We are good but strive to be great. To make this happen our team needs members who will challenge the status quo, effectively communicate ideas and issues, independently bring forth practical and efficient solutions, believe change is good and want to come to work knowing that what they do makes a difference.
LOCATION OF POSITION
7800 Harkins Road Lanham, MD 20706. The Department of Housing and Community Development
Headquarters is located in Prince George's County across from the New Carrollton Metro stop.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting or a related field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of professional financial analysis experience, such as managing financial asset and debt portfolios, examining, analyzing, and interpreting accounting, budget, grant or real estate investment portfolio records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification or documented eligibility to sit for the CPA Examination may be substituted for the educational requirement.
2. A Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting or a related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute one year of professional financial analysis experience, such as managing financial asset and debt portfolios, examining, analyzing, and interpreting accounting, budget, grant or real estate investment portfolio records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles for 30 credits on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- FMIS Reporting and/or WebFocus to interpret and analyze data.
- Financial analysis and reporting applications, including spreadsheets and databases.
- Government Finance, Accounting, and Budgeting.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please provide sufficient information on your application to document that you meet the minimum qualifications for this recruitment. Unofficial transcripts, certifications or diplomas to document educational or certification qualifications are required. Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted with your application. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. Eligible list may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification. Successful candidates must document eligibility to work in the U.S. upon hire.
Please note: The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development is not sponsoring new employees in application of the H-1B Visa at this time due to budgetary constraints. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986. Federal regulations prohibit H1B Visa candidates from paying sponsorship fees, all sponsorship fees must be assumed by the potential employer.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. However, if you wish to submit a paper application, you may mail your application and materials to:
Department of Housing and Community Development
Office of Human Resources
7800 Harkins Road, Lanham, MD 20706
All application materials must be received by the filing deadline. If you are unable to upload your transcripts into the system, please send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information in the body of the email:
- Attn: Drew Holcombe, Employee Relations & Senior HR Generalist Manager
- Your First and Last Name
- Recruitment #
- Classification (Job Title) of Recruitment
Incorrect application forms, or resumes in place of the application, will not be accepted. If you are interested in these positions and cannot apply online please fill out the paper application. For questions concerning these positions, please call 301-429-7546. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.