PERSONNEL ASSOCIATE II- Contractual
Local Office Agency Timekeeper
|Department||DHS - Washington County DSS|
|Date Opened||6/22/2022 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/6/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$17.66 - $21.88/hour|
|HR Analyst||Katy Zeger|
The Maryland Department of Human Services (DHS) is the state’s primary social service provider, serving over one million Marylanders annually. The Department, through its 24 local departments of social services, aggressively pursues opportunities to assist people in economic need, provide preventive services, and protect vulnerable children and adults in each of Maryland’s 23 counties and Baltimore City. DHS works in every community in Maryland to positively impact the lives of Marylanders.
Telework options may be available for this position.
This is a full-time contractual position.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- State Timekeeping and Leave Management for DHS/WCDSS State merit and contractual employees
- Vendor Timekeeping and Leave Management for all grant funded or vendor contractual employees
- Enters time for another employee.
- Approves time and time off requests in lieu of the supervisor.
- View reported, calculated, and adjusted time.
- Requests and views leave of absence.
- Overrides and adjusts leave balances
- Views time off balances, leave balances, carryover balances, and Organization assignments
- Views personal information such as: job profiles, time off, service date, FTE%, scheduled hours, worker history, compensation, compensation changes and allowances.
- Receives notifications through business processes regarding employee changes that affect timekeeping.
- Serves as the HR Office Administrative Support which could include filing, reference checks on applicants, probationary and PEP tracking.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years of general clerical or administrative support experience, at least one year must have been paraprofessional personnel experience involving the application of personnel procedures, policies, rules and regulations to specific employment actions. Appropriate paraprofessional personnel experience should have included responsibility for activities such as, preparing and maintaining employment records, calculating salaries, applying and interpreting rules and policies, preparing personnel-related reports, counseling employees regarding benefits and obligations, and responding to inquiries concerning employment actions.
1. Candidates may substitute one additional year of paraprofessional personnel experience as defined above for one year of general clerical or administrative support experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in human resources assistance classification or human resources assistance specialty codes in the human resources management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.