OFFICE SECRETARY II
|Department||DHS - Dorchester County DSS|
|Date Opened||8/9/2022 2:35:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/23/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$33,626.00 - $43,073.00/year with potential growth to $52,762.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Betty Ketterman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years performing secretarial or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
The ideal applicant would possess:
1. One year of experience using Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Google Calendar and Google Mail.
2. One year of experience drafting/creating confidential documents such as correspondence and reports.
3. One year of experience demonstrating strong time management, priority setting and problem-solving skills when adhering to deadlines on mandated documents and reports.
4. One year experience working in a professional office setting.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
It is imperative to list all computer and software experience on your application pertaining to your job duties.