OFFICE SERVICES CLERK LEAD
Lead Worker, Consumer Service Center
|Department||LABOR - Occupational and Professional Licensing 1|
|Date Opened||8/4/2022 3:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/18/2022 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$33,626.00 - $41,551.00 with potential growth up to $52,762.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tenisha Tunstall|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Lead clerical workers perform clerical support tasks i answering telephones and providing general information in response to inquiries from licensees, registrants, and the public. Assign and review the work of other, train and instruct employees; assist in the recommendation of formal disciplinary action, warning and reprimands; determine and resolve procedural problems within the Customer Services Unit.
- Respond to consumer inquiries by telephone about licensing status and complaint histories to accurately interpret complex licensing and complaint records in accordance with the Maryland Public Information Act. Reduce consumer frustration by directing phone calls to the proper agency and staff members using knowledge of the agency's personnel.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years of experience performing clerical duties.
1. Additional experience performing clerical duties may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Applicants may substitute education from an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty semester credit hours for one year of experience on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Six months clerical training with three courses in subjects such as keyboarding, clerical math, word processing, spreadsheets, data base, graphics presentation, proofreading, or office etiquette may be substituted for six months of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administrative classifications or in Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Clerical Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Customer Service experience
Experience handling a volume of incoming telephone calls
Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
All candidates are subject to a background check against files maintained by the Division of Unemployment Insurance (Department of Labor/DUI) to determine whether any monies are owed to Department of Labor/DUI as a result of unemployment overpayment/fraud. Any unpaid debt may have an impact on whether or not a candidate is offered employment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualifications, including any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate, etc.) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
For positions that require Bachelor/Master Degree etc:
Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted prior to hire. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
The examination for this recruitment will be an evaluation and rating of the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is essential that the application is filled out completely and accurately, listing all relevant education and experience, addressing the specific qualifications shown above and submitting any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certification, license, etc.). Please include clear, detailed and specific information on your application regarding experience qualifications related to the minimum qualifications, desired, and/or selective qualifications of the position.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Department of Labor Office of Administration
Attn: Tenisha Tunstall 22-001377-0006
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
For additional information, please contact Tenisha Tunstall at 410-767-2772 or via email Tenisha.Tunstall2@maryland.gov.
The MD State Application Form can be found online
Department of Labor is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Department of Labor that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.