FOOD SERVICE MANAGER I
Food Procurement Manager
|Department||DJS Baltimore City Juvenile Justice Center|
|Date Opened||10/4/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/18/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$35,560.00 - $56,949.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jakiraman Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Assists with organizing and directing the daily food production and food service program at BCJJC. Supervises the kitchen food service supervisors.
- Assists with the procurement of food and food related supplies using Financial Management Information System (FMIS).
- Monitors the kitchen for compliance with HACCP/Child Nutrition Program (CNP) – based Standard Operating Procedures.
- Performs a weekly site visit to the satellite sites WDSH/Reporting Center. Inspects satellite food service for compliance with HACCP-based SOPs.
- Assists with employee performance evaluations.
Experience: Five years of experience supervising workers and activities in an institutional, commercial, or industrial food service operation.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and one year of experience supervising workers and activities in an institutional, commercial, or industrial food service operation for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Food Services Officers or Culinary Specialist classifications or Food Services Manager and Services Officer specialty codes in the Food Service Management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Experience working with the Department of Juvenile Services (DJS) Financial Management Information System (FMIS) process.
- Experience working with Federal Child Nutrition Program (CNP) program.
- Experience working with and implementing Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) procedures.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. Please note that your answers on the Supplemental Questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit.
The online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 2120
Attn: Jakiraman Jones
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.