HABILITATION TECHNICIAN ***REPOST***
|Department||MDH Holly Center|
|Date Opened||8/4/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/23/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$33,626.00 - $41,551.00/year with potential growth to $52,762.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Stephanie Camper-Young|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university with a minimum of 15 credits in health or human services, education or the behavioral sciences.
Experience: One year of experience providing direct client services in a developmental disability or similar therapeutic setting.
1. Candidates may substitute an Associate of Arts or Bachelor's degree that includes specialization specialization in the field of developmental disabilities, mental health, or closely related area and a supervised clinical practicum in a developmental disabilities or similar behavior modification setting for the required education and experience.
2. Candidates may substitute additional experience providing rehabilitation services in a developmental disability setting at the rate of one year of experience for 30 credits of the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working in a residential facility
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities
- Experience working with adaptive equipment (wheelchairs, mechanical lifts, etc.)
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Applicants for this classification may be given a medical examination, after an offer of employment and prior to appointment, to demonstrate the ability to perform the work required of the position.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to call 24 hours a day and, therefore, will be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.