DJS Case Management Spec Supr Facility
|Department||DJS Western Md Children's Ctr|
|Date Opened||8/10/2022 09:31:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/21/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,992.00 - $88,315.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jakiraman Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Western Maryland Children’s Center
Main Purpose of Job
- Supervises case managers in providing direct services to youth through monitoring of policy and procedure including caseload reviews. Monitors staff activities to prioritize workload, identifies case progress and provides direction and guidance on treatment needs and goals, case complexities and disposition and monitors and evaluates case records in the automated database system to ensure the accurate, timely and complete documentation of case activities and files. Chairs various committees, such as MAST and PREA.
- Trains and provides direction to subordinate staff on case management practices and methods used in implementing and coordinating the delivery of services and treatment plans for juveniles detained pending adjudication or disposition, or committed for placement in a secure or non-secure facility.
- Provides accurate and timely information to the Assistant Facility Administrator/Facility Administrator as needed. This may include monthly statistical reports and other reports deemed necessary by facility administration.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Two (2) years of experience planning and supervising the performance of work of employees in a residential setting are highly desirable.
- Three (3) years of experience working with youth in a juvenile justice setting.
- Experience planning, managing and supervising subordinate case managers.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with DJS stakeholders.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training, and experience as it relates to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate educational and employment information on your application. Please make sure to provide sufficient information on your application to show how you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. If you completed education outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. The Certified Eligible list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees. Please note that your answers on the supplemental questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. A paper application may be mailed to the address below or faxed to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. No postmarks will be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E. Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Jakiraman Jones
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at DJS.Careers@maryland.gov Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.