MDL IT Programmer Analyst II
|Department||LABOR - Office of Information Technology|
|Date Opened||3/20/2023 1:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/3/2023 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$62,493.00 - $81,446.00 with potential growth up to $100,547.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tenisha Tunstall|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Application/Project Development
- Installing/Updating applications
- Customer Service
- Maintenance on in-house systems
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other information technology related field.
Experience: One year of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
1. Candidates may substitute six credit hours of coursework in application analysis and programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for six months of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by writing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and application programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas: operating computers, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computers, evaluating, implementing and maintaining hardware and software on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Computer Systems Programming classifications or Computer Systems Programming specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Full understanding of Object-Oriented Design
Understanding of Full Life-Cycle Development
Experience with Database Design
Experience Developing Stored Procedures
Experience using ASP.NET
Experience using MS Visual Basic.NET
Experience developing with MS Visual Studio 2017/2019
Experience using MS SQL Server 2017/2019
All candidates are subject to a background check against files maintained by the Division of Unemployment Insurance (Department of Labor/DUI) to determine whether any monies are owed to Department of Labor/DUI as a result of unemployment overpayment/fraud. Any unpaid debt may have an impact on whether or not a candidate is offered employment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualifications, including any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate, etc.) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
For positions that require Bachelor/Master Degree etc:
Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted prior to hire. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
The examination for this recruitment will be an evaluation and rating of the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is essential that the application is filled out completely and accurately, listing all relevant education and experience, addressing the specific qualifications shown above and submitting any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certification, license, etc.). Please include clear, detailed and specific information on your application regarding experience qualifications related to the minimum qualifications, desired, and/or selective qualifications of the position.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Department of Labor Office of Administration
Attn: Tenisha Tunstall 22-001647-0001
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
For additional information, please contact Tenisha Tunstall at 410-767-2772 or via email Tenisha.Tunstall2@maryland.gov.
The MD State Application Form can be found online
Department of Labor is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Department of Labor that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.