PERSONNEL ASSOCIATE I **REPOST**
|Department||MDH Local Health - St. Mary's County|
|Date Opened||9/28/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/12/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$17.89 - $22.96/hour|
|HR Analyst||Latosha Keene|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Creating and maintaining electronic and paper files for all personnel transactions; this includes official personnel files, personnel medical files, and unofficial working files;
- Reviewing documentation submitted by staff members to determine the appropriate course of action; this may include review of medical documentation, application materials, training certificates, retirement documents etc.;
- Scanning and uploading paper files for electronic records, label electronic documentation based on established naming convention;
- Drafting and sending official documentation including but not limited to: job offers, promotion and reclassification memos, COLA and increment memos etc.;
- Maintaining copies for personnel records.
- Greeting agency staff and job candidates with a positive helpful attitude, in person and over the phone;
- Triaging and directing, phone calls, taking messages, and providing information as appropriate;
- Providing clerical and administrative support related to documentation processes and systems;
- Drafting official documents in Microsoft Word and Google Docs;
- Processing personnel transactions in Workday;
- Routing documents for review and electronic signature via DocuSign;
- Managing delegated email accounts including responding to basic inquiries and routing messages to the appropriate staff member;
- Coordinating with hiring manager and agency partners to schedule each new employee orientation.
- Conduct New Employee Orientation sessions including presentation of PowerPoint materials, review of policies, facilities tour, review of training requirements, etc.;
- Track recruitment, reclassification, and merit conversion processes in project management software (Asana);
- Answer questions generally regarding benefits, workers compensation, timekeeping and leave programs, salary and compensation etc.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of general clerical or administrative support experience, at least one year must have been paraprofessional personnel experience involving the application of personnel procedures, policies, rules and regulations to specific employment actions. Appropriate paraprofessional personnel experience should have included responsibility for activities such as, preparing and maintaining employment records, calculating salaries, applying and interpreting rules and policies, preparing personnel-related reports, counseling employees regarding benefits and obligations, and responding to inquiries concerning employment actions.
Note: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in human resources assistance classification or human resources assistance specialty codes in the human resources management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in a fast paced customer service setting;
- Experience with demonstrating excellent attention to detail with administrative tasks including organization of hard copy and electronic files;
- Experience communicating effectively both verbally and written including a thorough understanding of grammar and professional writing.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|