ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST II
Assessment, Planning & Community Engagement Bureau Admin
|Department||MDH Local Health - Howard County|
|Date Opened||9/22/2022 3:25:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/6/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$37,937.00 - $48,750.00/year (with potential growth to $59,832.00/year)|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Bui|
LOCATION OF POSITION
8930 Stanford Blvd.
Columbia, MD 21045
- Acts as the APC Accounts Payable Liaison (APL) and assists the Bureau Director/Deputy Director, Bureau Supervisors, and fiscal staff in the formulation and preparation of APC budgets including grants and other funding;
- Establishes and maintains tracking system to track all budgets; reports on expenditures to Bureau supervisors and program managers; assists in preparation of final budget reports;
- Processes all payments of services, promotional items and equipment including invoices, registration fees and purchases; tracks payments and updates supervisors and managers of status; analyzes expenditures and alerts managers when budget data does not conform to established standards, policies or laws;
- Tracks APC bureau-specific policies, procedures, program manuals and standing operating procedures to ensure they are reviewed annually and updated to reflect current requirements.
- Consults with program managers and Bureau leadership regarding policies, trends, and interpretation of data and program needs;
- Prepares statistical tables, charts and reports, work-flow charts, staffing patterns, and organizational charts and calendars relevant to APC performance measures and budgetary reports in collaboration with the Bureau Director, Deputy Director and APC Supervisors;
- Provides ongoing support for meetings within and outside the Bureau;
- Tracks APC Bureau equipment and supplies including all computer equipment, software subscriptions, office supplies and promotional materials; makes decisions about use of supplies and recommends updates and changes.
- Analyzes and interprets data, information and situations, and makes recommendations when data does not conform to established standards, policies or procedures;
- Researches and compiles data, as directed, for APC Bureau programs, including communications and quality improvement, and strategic plan implementation;
- Assists in the planning and implementation of Bureau processes, services and programs;
- Coordinates MRC volunteers to support work of the Bureau by processing requests and identifying volunteers with appropriate skills for required tasks
- Supports the work of the APC Bureau in other duties as needed and directed
Experience: Three years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.