RECORDS TRANSFER SPECIALIST
ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST II
|Department||DGS Office of the Secretary|
|Date Opened||11/10/2022 07:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/1/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$39,645.00 - $62,525.00/year (based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Gladys Bryant|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Receive and verify the transfer of State agency records, identifying and removing boxes approved for destruction.
- Organize agencies individual records/cases by the State Records Center location coordinates.
- Stack boxes on pallets and shrink wrap for transport by the Recycling Contractor.
- Conduct inventory of open spaces bi-annually at the State Records Center.
- Provide routine maintenance for the State Records Center.
- Make Recommendations to the Director on the improvement of processes and equipment.
- Assist other State Record Center staff members in the completion of large-scale projects on an as needed basis.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience performing clerical, clerical technical, or secretarial work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience performing manual warehouse work.
- Experience with warehouse technology, including personnel lifts and pallet jacks.
- Experience handling government records.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please include all experience and education that is related to this position. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date; information submitted after the closing date will not be considered. Credit is given for relevant part-time, temporary or volunteer experience based on the number of hours worked per week; you must include the time spent on such activities on your application.
Note that for any position requiring a college degree or college credit, you will be required to submit a college transcript prior to being offered a position. You may submit your transcript as part of the application process.
The examination for this position will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment eligibility list categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED. The eligibility list will be valid for one year and may be extended. The list will be used by the hiring authority to select employees for interviews. Eligible lists may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification.
You MUST possess the minimum qualifications before you may be selected for a State job – verification will be completed upon hire. If you are scheduled to complete an educational or licensing requirement within six months of being placed on the eligibility list, you may participate in the selection process. Permanent State employees may also complete necessary experience requirements within six months of the date of being placed on an eligibility list.
Please note, selected candidates may be required to complete and successfully pass a State and Federal fingerprint background check prior to being hired.
You must be legally authorized under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position for which you apply.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-767-1386 with questions about this recruitment. The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred. Apply online at www.dgs.maryland.gov – click on Employment on the left side of the screen. If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your paper application to: Human Resources, Dept. of General Services, 301 W. Preston St., Suite 1311, Baltimore, MD 21201 by the closing date and time. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.