|Department||DJS Hickey School|
|Date Opened||7/28/2022 07:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/11/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,873.00 - $43,804.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Nicole Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Juvenile Services
Charles H. Hickey, Jr. School
9700 Old Harford Road
Parkville, MD 21234
Experience: Three years of experience in food preparation at a public or governmental establishment, such as a restaurant, hospital or comparable institution involving the cooking of meats and vegetables and the preparation of salads and beverages.
1. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited vocational/technical high school with a major in food service or a related field for up to two years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Culinary classifications or Food Services specialty codes in the Equipment Services and Facilities field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Three years of experience in the preparation of food involving the cooking of meats and vegetables and the preparation of salads and beverages in an institutional setting such as hospitals, nursing homes, universities or correctional facilities.
2. Possession of a High School Diploma/GED
3. Possession of a Serv Safe Certification
4. One (1) year experience in the Federal Child Nutrition Program
5. Possession of a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland
6. Possession of a State of Maryland Class C drivers license
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training, and experience as it relates to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate educational and employment information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show how you meet the qualifications for this recruitment.
For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service.
This list will be used by DJS hiring agency to select employees.
Please complete the supplemental questionnaire, if applicable. They will be used when rating applications.
Please note that your answers on the supplemental questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit. Missing supplemental questionnaires may affect application ratings.
If you are a Veteran applying for this position, please submit your DD 214 Long Form with your application to receive proper credit.
The online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Nicole Jones
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at email@example.com. Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.