HUMAN SERVICE SPECIALIST V
|Department||DHS - Montgomery County OCSE|
|Date Opened||1/20/2022 10:37:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/3/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$47,407.00 - $61,387.00/year with potential growth to $75,675.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Betty Ketterman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Experience: Eight years of experience in the administration of a human services program or experience conducting studies and analyses of programs, procedures, practices and organizations.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college and university and four years of experience in the administration of a human services program or experience conducting studies and analyses of programs, procedures, practices and organizations for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute graduate level education at an accredited college or university in a human services related field at the rate of 30 credit hours per year for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military experience as a commissioned officer in Administrative Officer classifications or Administrative Officer specialty codes in the General, Administrative, Clerical and Office Services field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
The ideal applicant would possess:
1. Two years of experience supervising staff.
2. Two years of experience working in a child welfare or human service program.
3. One year of experience working for a human services agency using the principles, theories, practices and protocols applicable to one or more human service areas, such as child support, child welfare.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
It is imperative to list all computer and software experience on your application pertaining to your job duties.
Online applications process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 137, Baltimore, Maryland 21201
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please email requested information to Bettyj.email@example.com. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7147.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.