NUTRIENT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST II
|Department||MDA Ofc of Resource Cnsrv - Nutrient Management|
|Date Opened||9/6/2022 4:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/26/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,649.00 - $82,727.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Stacey Summers|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Six years of experience in agronomy, soil fertility, nutrient management planning, or other related farming experience.
1. An Associate's degree from an accredited college or university which includes at least 12 credit hours in agronomy, soil science, crops, or horticulture may be substituted for two years of the required experience.
2. A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university which includes at least 24 credit hours in agronomy, soil science, crops, or horticulture may be substituted for four years of the required experience.
3. A Master's degree in agronomy, soil science, crops, or horticulture may be substituted for five years of the required experience.
4. Possession of a current nutrient management certification may be substituted for two years of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in plant pathology classifications or plant pathology specialty codes in the plant pathology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties that require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees appointed to this classification must obtain a nutrient management certificate from the Maryland Department of Agriculture no later than one (1) year from the date of appointment and must maintain certification.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to: Maryland Department of Agriculture, Human Resource Office, Room 304, 50 Harry S. Truman Parkway, Annapolis, MD 21401. All paper applications must be received by 4:30 PM on the closing date, no exceptions. (Postmarks not accepted.) Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
If you are submitting additional information, such as diplomas or transcripts, the preferred method is to upload them online with your application. If you are unable to upload, you may mail, hand-deliver or fax (HR Fax # 443-602-9831).
For questions concerning this recruitment, please contact: Stacey Summers 410-841-5842 or email@example.com. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.