ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST I
|MDE - Land and Materials Administration (LMA)
|11/4/2022 08:50:00 AM
|12/5/2022 5:00:00 PM
|$47,657.00 - $75,903.00/year
The Land and Materials Administration, Solid Waste Program is recruiting for an Environmental Compliance Specialist I. This is a position specific recruitment for the Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE). This recruitment will be used to fill current and future vacancies for this position/function only. The resulting eligible list will be maintained for one year. Persons interested in future vacancies within this classification must re-apply.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of the Environment
Land & Materials Administration
Solid Waste Program, Compliance Division
1800 Washington Blvd.
Baltimore MD, 21230
Main Purpose of Job
Experience: Four years of experience performing inspection or investigation work related to State, federal or local regulation, code or standard compliance.
1. Candidates may substitute sixty credit hours from an accredited college or university which includes thirty credit hours in any combination of disciplines such as earth science, environmental science, geology, civil or environmental engineering, biology, chemistry, agronomy, forestry or other related discipline and two years of experience performing inspection or investigation work related to State, federal or local regulation, code or standard compliance for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in earth science, environmental science, geology, civil or environmental engineering, biology, chemistry, agronomy, forestry or other related discipline for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Environmental Engineering and Natural Resources classifications or Environmental Engineering and Natural Resources specialty codes in the Engineering and Natural Resources field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is preferred that the selected candidate has the following:
· Knowledge of solid waste regulations or solid waste management;
· Degree in biology, chemistry, geology, Environmental or general sciences.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification may be required to obtain and maintain certification or license in the designated environmental compliance area.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDE, Recruitment and Selection Division, 1800 Washington Blvd., Baltimore MD 21230. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please email the requested information to Shantasia Baker Shantasia.Baker1@maryland.gov. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time. Please reference #22-001878-0010. For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Shantasia Baker /MDE Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-537- 3808.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-537-3130 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.